Sunday, July 2, 2017

Stella Says Sketch



Good morning! It's Stella Says Sketch Sunday at Catch the Bug and I have a card to share using the July sketch. It's a great sketch and you have all month to play along so I hope you'll give it a try!

I went with one of my favorite "Margaret" images...I just love how she oozes sass! And her style too.... I've colored her with pencils; how do you like her yellow polka dotted swim skirt? She's ready for the beach with zinc oxide on her nose and sunscreen in her bag! Patterned papers are from Echo Park and the stitched die cuts are from Lil' Inker Designs.

***Funny story about the die cuts.... The first floor of my house is being remodeled, so that means every room except the kitchen (already done) and bathroom are basically not livable. My studio on the second floor is being used for storage right now and I couldn't find my sun die amongst the mess! I do have a sun punch, but I wanted the "stitched" look and was accepting no substitutes! I frantically searched here and there...multiple times...and finally found a baggie of extra die cuts. Score! There was a sun inside, not the size I wanted though, so I layered it on a circle...not exactly the look I was going for, but it was a "make it work" moment!

Here's the sketch:


Please check out the rest of the DT's creations here, they are sure to inspire you! Also, here is a link to the store...Jodie has had some great new images lately, can't wait to see what she comes up with this month!

Image: Bugaboo "Margaret Calendar Months August" Digital Stamp (not yet in store)
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110 CS, PTI Harvest Gold and Raspberry Fizz CS, SU! Marina Mist CS, Doodlebug Sugar Coated CS, Echo Park Patterned Paper
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Lil' Inker Designs Dies, Foam Tape

Challenges entered:

A Gem of A Challenge: #197 Summer Colors
City Crafter: #368 Let's Go Outside and Play
Crafting With Dragonflies: #84 Punches and or Dies
Creative Knockouts: #200 For the Girls
Make My Monday: #49 Summer Brights
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges: #179 Summer Fun
Shopping Our Stash: #309 Lazy Summer Days
Tic Tac Toe: #004 (accent-blue-coloring)


Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

13 comments:

Marina said...

I love how bright and sunny this is. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Unknown said...

There are so many things to love about your card! The coloring of your image is spot on, the background papers are so summery! I love your overall layout and the sun and clouds worked great! I'm glad you were able to make it work with the sun :) Thank you for joining Crafting with Dragonflies - Punches or Dies Challenge! Please also visit Paper Craft Happy Challenges- Anything goes with a Girl Stamp or Digistamp! -DT

Shannon Fralish said...

What a cute card, Angela! Thanks for joining us in the Tic Tac Toe Challenge -- hope to see you there again soon.

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
~Owner/DT Janis

Donna said...

Fab beach scene! Love that image and all the bright colours!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Lazy Summer Days challenge this week!!

Mimi said...

How did you get a picture of me? LOL! Wonderful job-- bright and colorful, and I also reallly like the way the diecuts have dimension to them. Thank you for sharing last challenge at SOS... come see us this week!

Cynthia said...

Fun image and great take on the sketch, Angela! How have I missed this image in the shop? A must-have!

Christine said...

Super gorgeous take on the Summer Colours chall theme.

Thanks for sharing with us @ AGOAC this time.

smiles Christine xx

inkedx2 said...

Great card! I love that sassy lady. Thanks for playing along with us at MMM.

Robbie

Nandini said...

Just too cute! Love the sun and the cloud die cuts too. Great to see you in the Make My Monday gallery. Hope you join us again soon. Nandini, DT

Susan Hogan said...

What a bathing beauty she is! Thanks for sharing with us this gorgeous card at Crafting with Dragonflies, Susan DT

Christine said...

Hi Angela congrats on your chall win @ A Gem of a Chall blog,plz hop over to the Challenge for deets how to claim your prize

Smiles Christine DT xx

Migdalia said...

Super cute & fun! Love the fun scene!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M